Helpful Links for Parents
Study Skills Sites:
- Information Please Kids’ Almanac – http://www.factmonster.com
- Awesome Library for Teens – http://www.awesomelibrary.org
- Study Guides and Strategies- http://www.studygs.net/tsttak1.htm
Here are some tips from educators on ways parents can communicate with teachers (from partnershipschools.com)
- Find out the best time to call and get a phone number to call or an email address.
- Volunteer in class when the opportunity arises (field trips, etc.).
- Don’t wait until there is a problem to contact the teacher.
- Create a good learning environment for your child at home.