Parking Lot Information
Do NOT drop off or pick up your children on the opposite side of Masonic
TEXT "Yes" to 67587
SCHOOL CLOSING Text Messages are sent to the phone numbers listed for your student's first and second emergency contact. If you want the texts to go to another person, please change the order of the student's emergency contact list with the Carter office staff. Parents must complete the opt-in process to receive these text messages by replying "Yes" to 67587 from your phone.
For your convenience, Carter has a 24 hour, 7 day a week Attendance Line available to you.
- Please report ALL absences OR tardies to this number as early as possible.
- Automated attendance calls and/or emails are generated by Warren Consolidated Schools to all students who are not reported absent to their school by 9:30 am.
- Please know that the absence line is not a homework request line and all absences need to be reported on a daily basis.
Lois E. Carter Middle School – Dedicated: September 1969 - Lois E. Carter taught for 24 years in WCS. Her last teaching assignment was 8th and 9th grade mathematics at Butcher Junior High. She was a very active member of the community, starting the first Brownie Girl Scout Troop in Warren and organizing Warren’s first Y-Teens Club.
7:37 am - Doors Open
7:20 am - Breakfast ONLY
6:36 - 7:36 am - Zero Hour
7:51 - 8:52 am - 1st Hour
8:56 - 9:56 am - 2nd Hour
10:00 - 11:00 am - 3rd Hour
11:04 - 12:38 pm - 4th Hour
11:04 - 11:34 am - Lunch A
11:36 - 12:06 pm - Lunch B
12:08 - 12:38 pm - Lunch C
12:42 - 1:42 pm - 5th Hour
1:46 - 2:46 pm - 6th Hour
List of 1/2 Days
Note: MS2TC students attend Butcher when periods 1, 2, 3 are scheduled on a half-day. MS2TC students will attend CARTER when periods 4, 5, 6 are scheduled on a half-day.
Dress Code Policy
The following are INAPPROPRIATE AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN SCHOOL:
- Outdoor wear (coats, jackets, hats, etc.) in the classrooms, halls, and cafeteria. Coats and head wear must be kept in lockers.
- Hats, caps, scarves, or bandanas are not to be worn inside the building; they are to be kept in student lockers during the day (unless Administrator approved).
- Bare midriff tops, halters, revealing tops, muscle shirts, mesh clothing, see-through clothing, blouses or shirts with string-type straps or tank tops. All shirts and blouses MUST HAVE SLEEVES.
- Skirts, shorts, and dresses must be mid-thigh, fingertip length or longer.
- Clothing and accessories with offensive words and symbols or accessories, alcohol or drug related sayings or symbols (including guns or tobacco products).
- Tight fitting clothing or clothing of spandex-type material. This includes YOGA PANTS, LEGGINGS, JEGGINGS, etc.!
- Any type of cut-offs, (i.e. jerseys, sweats, or pants) that expose the body inappropriately.
- Underwear and sleepwear as outer clothing; slippers not to be worn as shoes.
- Sunglasses; unless a written prescription from a doctor is provided.
- No holes or tattered fabric in pants above the knees.
- No chains or sharp objects or exposed undergarments.
- If we see your underwear, you will be warned ONCE. Future offenses will result in disciplinary action.
- No inappropriate words or pictures on bracelets, jewelry or accessories.
- ANY other clothing that is deemed inappropriate by the school staff.
FIRST VIOLATION OF DRESS CODE
- Opportunity to change into appropriate clothing (Cater wear).
- Call home for appropriate clothing.
- Remain in the office for the remainder of the day.
SECOND & ALL FUTURE VIOLATIONS OF DRESS CODE
- Progressive disciplinary action.
Early Release Policy
"6th Hour Early Release Policy"
- Please send a note with your child stating your child's name and time to be released. This note should be sent to the main office PRIOR to the start of school and a pass will be issued to your child.
- Calls for Early Release MUST be made PRIOR to 2 pm.
- Staff will not be calling classrooms after 2 pm.
Commitment to Equal Access & Opportunity
Nondiscrimination Statement: In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, it is the policy of the Warren Consolidated Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected Classes”) be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. Inquiries should be addressed to the Chief Operating Officer, 31300 Anita, Warren, Michigan 48093, (586) 825-2400, ext 63110.