Parking Lot Information
Do NOT drop off or pick up your children on the opposite side of Masonic
TEXT "Yes" to 67587
SCHOOL CLOSING Text Messages are sent to the phone numbers listed for your student's first and second emergency contact. If you want the texts to go to another person, please change the order of the student's emergency contact list with the Carter office staff. Parents must complete the opt-in process to receive these text messages by replying "Yes" to 67587 from your phone.
For your convenience, Carter has a 24 hour, 7 day a week Attendance Line available to you.
- Please report ALL absences OR tardies to this number as early as possible.
- Automated attendance calls and/or emails are generated by Warren Consolidated Schools to all students who are not reported absent to their school by 9:30 am.
- Please know that the absence line is not a homework request line and all absences need to be reported on a daily basis.
Lois E. Carter Middle School – Dedicated: September 1969 - Lois E. Carter taught for 24 years in WCS. Her last teaching assignment was 8th and 9th grade mathematics at Butcher Junior High. She was a very active member of the community, starting the first Brownie Girl Scout Troop in Warren and organizing Warren’s first Y-Teens Club.
Early Release Policy
"6th Hour Early Release Policy"
- Please send a note with your child stating your child's name and time to be released. This note should be sent to the main office PRIOR to the start of school and a pass will be issued to your child.
- Calls for Early Release MUST be made PRIOR to 2 pm.
- Staff will not be calling classrooms after 2 pm.
Commitment to Equal Access & Opportunity
Nondiscrimination Statement: In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, it is the policy of the Warren Consolidated Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected Classes”) be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. Inquiries should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, 31300 Anita, Warren, Michigan 48093, (586) 825-2400, ext 63110.