The following resources are available to assist you in your job search steps. From learning how to write a resume, to exploring career possibilities, we've got you covered with online support. Always feel free to call or e-mail should you need additional assistance.
JOB SEARCH TOOLS
To access any of these sites - click the link and use the direction to assist with navigation.
MLIVE: Click on jobs, go to the "Job Seeker Start Here" area, complete one or both boxes to begin search
Indeed: Fill in the where box: "City, State & Zip" and search surrounding areas as well.
Monster: Create a log in - Create and post resume at a later time.
Snag A Job: Type in zip code for area of interest.
Mid-Michigan Jobs: Regional website to locate jobs
Pathfinder: Michigan's New Career Exploration Tool
Tips for filling out online applications
- Allow yourself at least one hour per application.
- Be prepared to complete assessment questions.
- Have a Resume and Cover Letter ready to upload.
- Resume should include up-to-date information tailored to that particular job.
- Avoid over-clicking buttons - be patient.
- Always "save."
- Re-read application before hitting submit.
- Do not leave fields blank.
WHY ARE RESUMES SO IMPORTANT
The average employer spends only 10 seconds looking at a resume. In this increasingly competitive job market, you must have a professionally crafted resume to stand out. The purpose of your resume is to make a good first impression, and if you cannot achieve this goal, then your chances of an interview are virtually impossible.
YOUR RESUME SHOULD ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
- Who are you?
- What can you do for me?
- Do you have the skills I'm looking for?
- Where have you worked before?
- Is your experience relevant to my needs?
- Do you have the right education and credentials? )
- What kind of person are you?
- Do I see any "red flags" in your background?
- Can I easily get in touch with you?
Typing a resume can be very difficult and stressful. We have developed several templates to assist you in your resume development.