Frequently Asked Questions
During the winter months, please make sure that your child wears the following:
- Snow Pants
- Winter Coat
In order to attend Kindergarten in the fall of 2013, your child MUST be 5 years old by November 1, 2013. Your child must be completely potty trained.
Please stop by the Holden office and pick up a registration packet. You may also go the WCS website at www.wcskids.net and print a registration packet.
Please take your completely filled out registration packet and all required documents to register your child:
- Administration Building, 31300 Anita Drive, Warren, MI 48093. Phone: 586-825-2400 x 65130
- Beginning Monday, April 8th, all elementary schools will be able to register at the WCS Administration Building every Monday - Thursday, from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm. NO registrations will be taken on Fridays.
Yes, it does! Do you realize that if your child is late 12 minutes every day for 1 week, that adds up to 1 hour of missed classroom instruction! Also, if possible, please make your child's Dr. appointments after school. It is distruptive to the classroom when a child arrives late or is dismissed early. Please make every effort to have your child in school and on time. Thanks for your help!
- Students must be dropped off and picked-up along the parking lot curb.
- Drivers, please drive forward to fill all spots before you pick up riders.
- When exiting the large parking lot between 3:30 - 4:00 pm, all cars MUST turn right per the Sterling Heights Police Department. DO NOT make a u-turn at Groves.
- Students need to exit on the passenger side only!
- Parents, please walk children across the traffic lanes by holding their hands. Drivers cannot see the little bodies.
- Please use patience. We need to keep our students safe!
WHAT TIME DOES MY CHILD EAT LUNCH?
11:45 - 12:05
Lunch: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th
Recess: Kindergarten, 1st, 5th
12:10 - 12:30
Lunch: Kindergarten, 1st, 5th
Recess: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th
Commitment to Equal Access & Opportunity
Nondiscrimination Statement: In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, it is the policy of the Warren Consolidated Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected Classes”) be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. Inquiries should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, 31300 Anita, Warren, Michigan 48093, (586) 825-2400, ext 63110.