Wilde's Scholastic Book Fair
October 23rd - October 26th.
Click here for our fair website.
Wilde Elementary School Media Center
Mrs. Carrie Rospino, Media Specialist
Welcome to the Wilde Media Center
Michigan School Library for 21st Century Schools Exemplary Status
The Big 6 Research Skills Developing good problem solving skills while learning to choose appropriate, accurate, and relevant information is quite a challenge for the 21st Century Learner. The Wilde Information Literacy program focuses on a process that can be used to solve any type of question or problem. It is called 'The Big 6'. If you need to research a scientific question or just find a place to order a pizza, The Big 6 approach works!
- Task Definition - What types of information do you need?
- Information Seeking Strategies - Determine all possible resources.
- Location and Access - Locate sources and find information within sources.
- Use of Information - Engage the information - READ-HEAR-VIEW.
- Synthesis - Organize information from multiple sources and present a result.
- Evaluation - How did you do?