Welcome to the Wilde Media Center
Michigan School Library for 21st Century Schools Exemplary Status
The Big 6 Research Skills Developing good problem solving skills while learning to choose appropriate, accurate, and relevant information is quite a challenge for the 21st Century Learner. The Wilde Information Literacy program focuses on a process that can be used to solve any type of question or problem. It is called 'The Big 6'. If you need to research a scientific question or just find a place to order a pizza, The Big 6 approach works!
- Task Definition - What types of information do you need?
- Information Seeking Strategies - Determine all possible resources.
- Location and Access - Locate sources and find information within sources.
- Use of Information - Engage the information - READ-HEAR-VIEW.
- Synthesis - Organize information from multiple sources and present a result.
- Evaluation - How did you do?